Thursday, March 28, 2013

March


Every March the world welcomes spring

And all of the warmth and colors it brings

Blooms awaken from their winter rest

Birds chirp and ready their nest

The sun lingers a little longer each day

Kids are emerging and beginning to play

The world comes alive and fills with glee

But this is not what March means to me

For me it brings the anniversary of a death

The anniversary of the day my baby took his last breath

The marking of another year since I last saw his face

The remembrance of a dark time and place

Another year to wonder what he would be today

Another year when no one will know what to say

Some will be afraid to mention your name to me

Others will offer some form of sympathy

March….a month that I must get through each year

Time marches on I guess….even without you here

0 comments: